Post più popolari

Concordi con le mie proposte politiche?

Pagine

Post più popolari

Post più popolari

Visita a POLENTA (Forlì)

Visita a POLENTA (Forlì)
ONORE A Giosuè Carducci.

Cerca nel blog

martedì 21 settembre 2010

." "It surely is funny about that plane,"

few things like rising from the field, manoeuvering and landing. It
is a good deal easier than
it is to drive an automobile." "That's the way you start at the
aviation
schools in the Army," said Frank. "But there you don't have to
pay any of this dollar-a-minute business." "No," said Ernest, "but in
exchange for your tuition you have to join the Aviation Corps. And now
that the war is over, I would rather do postal work, or ferry or
excursion lines instead of hanging
around an Army aviation camp.
My aim is to be as perfect a flier as I possibly can, and then if
there is

ever any need of another Army Aviation Corps, why, I will enlist right
off. You see your final test qualifies you for government service if
you make good." "What do you think is the quality a
birdman should have most of?" asked Bill. "Our instructor used to say
a pilot should have courage,
skill, knowledge,

aptitude and confidence; but he always went on to say that all these
together amounted to very little unless you have a bushel of common
sense. I think he was right. I had to earn part of my tuition
in the Aviation school because I didn't want to ask my father to pay

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento