Post più popolari

Concordi con le mie proposte politiche?

Pagine

Post più popolari

Post più popolari

Visita a POLENTA (Forlì)

Visita a POLENTA (Forlì)
ONORE A Giosuè Carducci.

Cerca nel blog

giovedì 23 settembre 2010

Orch, past which long lines of student off

Ike many another man as

brave and as

willing,

he had been caught
in one of the war's backwaters, and had been stationed at Fort

Sill. Sauntering up to the quarters, the boys found Lee staring moodily
at the small and racy Swallow, now standing clean and glistening
in the bright sunlight. "She knocks," he said, knitting his fierce
black brows. "All morning I have been working over that car, and I
can't find
that knock." The boys came close and listened. "I don't hear any
knock," said Frank. They all listened.
"Don't you hear
it now?" said Lee, speeding the engine. "Seems as though I hear
something," said Bill, partly to please Lee. They all listened closely.
Lee commenced to pry about in the engine. "I have it, I think," he
exclaimed triumphantly
as he took out a small piece of the machinery. Frank motioned
Bill one side, and they wandered around the end
of the building. "Don't you feel sort of afraid to let Lee tinker with

your car?" he asked with a show of carelessness. "Not a bit! Dad says
he is a born mechanic and

he trusts him with all the care of his car. If dad thinks he can fix
that, why, I guess it is safe to let him do anything he wants to do
with the Swallow." "Do you ever let anybody else drive the Swallow?"
asked Frank. "I wouldn't mind taking it some day if you don't care."
Bill looked embarrassed. "I would let you take her in a minute," He
said, "but dad made me promise that I would never loan the Swallow to
anyone. It is not that he wants me to be selfish, but

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento